Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ruth's Baby Shower

When my best friend got pregnant a few years ago, I got the opportunity to throw her a baby shower. It was the first party I threw and did all the decorating for. She didn't want the typical baby shower decorations, or the typical baby shower. I decided on a brunch with no games, just a girls morning that happened to include baby gifts. I pulled inspiration from a note card I found at target, using the Brown, Teal and Light Blue as the color scheme. I found out that while blue and teal balloons are easy to find, brown is a bit more difficult. The centerpiece for the large single table were three Ivy bowls filled with daisy's (the mom to be's favorite flower), with two fish bowls with floating daisy candles. I used some tulle and tissue paper to add color as well. The brunch was a huge success and everyone had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment